Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Can I recover the withholding tax on my U.S. equities?



Our response:

We are not able to provide financial, tax or legal advice however, we always try to provide general information to help you determine the next step. If you receive interest, dividends or capital gains from investments outside Canada, the equivalent Canadian dollar value must be reported on your Canadian tax return and will be taxed accordingly.

A withholding tax may be deducted from your foreign investment income. However, you may be able to claim a foreign tax credit to prevent double taxation. Speak with a registered financial representative or tax professional for advice.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: