Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Can I transfer my RRIF back into a RRSP?



Our response:

Under certain circumstances, it may be possible to transfer an excess amount – above the minimum RRIF withdrawal – from a RRIF back to an RRSP. You must be under the age of 71. By the end of the year you turn 71, you must close your RRSP. Learn more about transferring excess amounts from a RRIF on the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.

We are not able to provide advice. Discuss this type of transfer with your financial advisor to see if you qualify.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: