Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Can my previous year’s capital losses be used to reduce wife’s capital gain this year?



Our response:

We are not able to provide advice but this general information may help you take the next steps.

You may be able to transfer property to your spouse for such a purpose. Review the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) publication on capital gains and speak with a tax professional for specific advice pertaining to your situation.


Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: