Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

How can I find out if the advisor assigned to give advice on retirement planning and investing by the company is registered with OSC?



Our response:

In general, anyone who sells securities in Ontario or provides advice about investing in securities must be registered with the OSC. You can check registration to find out if a person or company is registered and in which category.

If you have not met with the advisor yet, you may find our article about your first meeting helpful.

If you have any further questions about your advisor’s qualifications, you can contact the OSC’s Inquiries and Contact Centre for assistance.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: