How do I buy my first home?
While the steps to buy a first home depend on many factors, there are some general steps you can follow:
- Save for a down payment
- Make sure your credit report is in good shape
- Get pre-approval for a mortgage
- Shop around and look at a variety of properties
- Get financing arrangements in writing
- Check all the documents carefully, with the help of a lawyer
Learn about planning to buy a home, saving for a down payment, government help for first-time home buyers, how mortgages work, and other key information to consider when buying real estate.