Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

How do I move stocks into a TFSA? Who sets up and holds a TFSA with my stocks in it? I want to retain the stocks.



Our response:

A representative at a bank, trust company, or registered investment firm can help you set up and move stocks into a  Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA). The TFSA would be held at that financial institution or investment firm. You would remain the holder of the stocks if you transfer them to a TFSA held in your name.

There are some tax considerations if you’re thinking of moving stocks to a TFSA.  Speak to a registered financial advisor or tax professional to learn more about this type of transfer.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: