Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

How do I transfer investments from my RRIF to my TFSA?



Our response:

It is possible to transfer investments directly to a non-registered account or TFSA (if you have contribution room).  This is known as an “in kind” withdrawal.

As there might be tax consequences to the “in kind” withdrawal, we recommend speaking to a registered financial advisor or tax professional for more information about your personal investing options.

Learn more about how RRIFs and TFSAs work.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: