Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

I immigrated to Canada in August of 2011 – how much TFSA room do I have for 2011?



Our response:

The rules for who can open a TFSA account are set and enforced by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). To open a TFSA in Canada, you must be over 18 and have a valid social insurance number (SIN). Additional rules apply if you are a non-resident – you can find this information on the CRA website.

The CRA has resources to help you find out how much TFSA contribution room you have available. You can check your TFSA contribution limit using these CRA resources:

Learn more about TFSAs on

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: