What’s the best thing to do with a large sum in a LIRA? I am 68 years old.
We can provide you with general information, but we aren’t able to provide advice. Advice on how you should invest your money can only be provided by a registered financial advisor who can assess your personal financial circumstances, including financial needs, objectives and risk tolerance.
An advisor can help you set your goals, and build a plan to achieve those goals. They can also help you track your progress and adjust your plan when your financial situation changes.
A financial advisor:
- makes clear and specific recommendations to help meet your financial goals.
- explains the risks involved with every investment they recommend.
- answers your questions about products and strategies.
- keeps your personal information safe.
- sends regular account statements.
- meets with you to discuss your progress.
Learn more about what to expect from a financial advisor and how to check registration.