Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Can a third party make a contribution to my RRSP, if not a spouse?



Our response:

Contributions made to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) other than by yourself or a spouse as it relates to contributing to a spousal RRSP, may trigger tax consequences. We suggest contacting the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) which is the agency responsible for administering and enforcing the Income Tax Act including, registered accounts like RRSPs. You may also wish to speak with a tax professional for advice tailored to your personal and financial situation.

Visit to learn about RRSPs including, making RRSP contributions. Speak with a registered financial representative for advice that fits your personal needs and situation.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: