Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

How do I recover a lost share certificate?



Our response:

In situations where a company for which a physical share certificate has been issued has been acquired, merged with another company or is no longer publicly traded the investor will have to contact the acquiring company directly or its transfer agent and explain the situation. Your share certificate(s) may represent value to which you may be entitled.

For further questions, you may speak to us by reaching out to our Contact Centre by phone (1-877-785-1555), email ( or via an online form. Visit to learn more about investing and other topics. Speak with a registered financial representative for investment advice that fits your personal and financial circumstances.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: