Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

My deceased fathered opened an RESP for my daughter – how do I find the company?



Our response:

There is no database available to help you track down a missing Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). However, there are a few things you can do to try to locate it:

  1. Check old tax records. If you have the paperwork related to any RESP contributions, you can start by contacting that financial institution to see if they have a record of the account.
  2. Contact past advisors. If your father’s finances were handled by a financial advisor, they (or their firm) may have information on where the account is located.
  3. Contact financial institutions, banks and scholarship plan dealers. As a final option, contact major banks, financial institutions and scholarship plan dealers to see if an account is registered with them.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: