Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Our child is Canadian but a non-resident. How can we invest in Canada to save for her higher education?



Our response:

The Canadian federal government offers a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to help save for a child’s education. However, in order to open an RESP, your child must have a social insurance number (SIN), and be a resident of Canada. Learn more about RESPs.

To learn about other options to save for your child’s education, speak to a registered financial advisor.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: