Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

I am a Canadian non-resident with ETFs. Can I claim a refund of withholding tax on the ROC, capital gain and foreign income parts of dividends?



Our response:

We are not able to provide financial, tax or legal advice, however we always try to provide general information to help you determine the next step. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has information on tax obligations for Canadian non-residents. What you pay may depend on your country of residence – you can also use the CRA’s Non-resident tax calculator to estimate tax owing based on your country of residence.

For additional information, speak to a tax professional who can provide advice based on your personal situation.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: