Skip to content

Find a question

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us a new question!

Are RRIF payments taxed if I am a non-resident Canadian living in the United States?



Our response:

RRIFs held by non-resident Canadians living in the United States are subject to a Canadian withholding tax of up to 25% depending on the type and amount of the withdrawal. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has a non-residents tax calculator to help estimate taxes owing on many types of income, including income from a RRIF. Consult with a qualified professional for advice that fits your personal and financial situation.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Copy the URL to share:

  Share the site: